Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What's in the scan Stan?

PET

Got my Pet Scan today. Obviously, we won't get the results for a couple of days, I will post them and hopefully get a copy of the deal by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that things look good. For whatever reason, the nausea for the last few treatments has been getting worse. I have not actually thrown up yet, but it sure does feel like I will. I am just in a general malaise of nausea, hot mouth and tiredness. I am trying to mix up what I am doing, eating, drinking, etc. In the meantime, I feel like a log who doesn't want to do much. Not a good place to be in when you've got some kids to tend to. Jess and the rest of the family are doing a great job, I just feel crummy and useless at times.

Alright, update to come upon results.

Peace.

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

I'm hoping for good news for ya!! As for the yuckiness feeling... I hope you find something that helps, either better drugs or other things, sometimes Altoids helped me... or umm those spearmint candies, ya know the jellyish ones with sugar on top? I hope you find something that works!! Get some rest, and hug your wife for being so awesome with the kids!

XO

Kelly

Sanbandit said...

Hope the scans come back all good!! Like kelly says try the altoids or peppermints or peppermint/wintergreen/spearmint gums. Hope the nausea and general malaise pass!

Unknown said...

Hi Jon,
I'm sure your PET will show good news! I know what you mean about the nausea getting worse as the treatments go on. Have you lost interest in any of your old favorite foods? I sure have. My taste buds have went through some major changes. I know how much help my husband has been during all this. Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman. Take it easy and get some rest. Can't wait to hear how great your PET Scan was.
Take care,
Jane