Thursday, October 11, 2007


Blue skies. So the news from Dr. Houck on the PET Scan was great. There is no "light up" in the chest any longer. A CT Scan done at the same time does show two nodes still enlarged. Dr. Houck expects this to continue to shrink down in time as it heals. There may also be scar tissue that will show up on all CT Scans for me from here on out. We will know that it is scar tissue and not tumor because it will not be cancerous, growing or metastasizing (future pet and ct scans).

I will try to get some pics up of the scan when I get the CD. There was a small light up on the pelvis, not around any known anatomical tissue. They believe this is an anomaly and will just look at the post-treatment scan to confirm this. It is not in a place that Hodgkin's would metastasize to and wasn't on the initial scan, but thought I would note it for everyone.

More info to come...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jon,
Congratulations on the great news regarding your PET. I sent you an email so feel free to ask me anything.
Take care,
Jane

Sanbandit said...

Congrats on the scan news!! Glad nothin lit up and hopefully the anomoly will just go away on the next scan!
Sandy

Duane said...

Wonderful news, Jon. That's the kind of stuff we all love to hear. Congrats!!!!

Best always,
Duane

Veronica said...

Do you know, Jon, as delighted as I am that you have a positive PET scan, I had to share something else...........!!
I've just clicked your blog through Kelly (chemopalooza)'s blogsite and read your bio...........The Hodge doesn't stand a chance - you are surviving FIVE under-3s - good lord, you must be married to SuperWoman and you must be Clarke Kent himself!! I'm just about holding it together with a mere 2 under-4s - SO much respect to you and your wife!!
Stay strong and keep killing cancer!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the good news. We love your blog and keep checking on your updates.

Melis B said...

YAY!! That's super wonderful news!! We couldn't be happier for you down here.

~Melis

BaldyLocks said...

Hey fellow cancer blogger. Congratulations on your great news! Wishing you all the best, and then some!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the clean scan! It's been a while since I've checked your blog and it's even better than I remember. :) Keep kicking that cancer's ass!

~Bonnie

Kelly Kane said...

Jon!!! Fantastic news!!! I'm sorry I've been away for a few days! See what happens when I'm not on the internet... maybe I should throw out my laptop and we'll win the lotto or something!!! I hope you celebrated and that you're feeling okay. You're such a trooper!!! XO

Kelly