Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update after #6

I pretty much have had cold symptoms for the past 3-4 weeks. No fever (should i get a fever over 101.5, the docs would like me to go to the emergency room, since my white blood cell count is so low), but just runny nose, light chest congestion and light sore throat. I can't seem to kick it, and I'll just assume it's because of my compromised immune system, but it's becoming a drag.

I just got over the sore mouth for this past treatment. I had been super tired also, but I expect that to be over soon too.

7 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Hope you feel better soon, drink lots of fluids --water and cranberry juice!!

Anonymous said...

Jon, maybe it will cheer you up to know that a bunch of us with non-compromised immune systems are dealing with relatively mild cold symptoms that are dragggggggging on, too. It must be that time of year.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guy...don't let a cold get you down. Plenty of rest and fluids.

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
Hope you start feeling better. Do you think its the cold symptoms making you so tired or your chemo? I've noticed the more treatments I get the more tired I am after each. Anyways, hope you feel better soon.
Take it easy and get lots of rest.
Take care,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of your treatments. Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers from Australia.
Em
P.S your family is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the cold. I just got over one. They suck especially if you got some low white blood cell counts. Feel better soon!
San

Anonymous said...

Hope that you knock that cold right out of your system very soon! I think your blog is fantastic...Thank you for allowing us to read about your journey. Oh and I love the nicknames you have given your team!

With Joy,

Shira
www.choosingjoy.com