Thursday, November 15, 2007

Treatment #8 getting started

Alrighty,

Met with the doctor. He is going to check in on a slight cough I have with a Lung Function test and is keeping me off of the Bleomycin in the meantime. I'll get posting today as I can.

Updated:

Well I slept a lot. But the important piece of our visit was talking with my Dr. He believes that within the next 5 years or so, a negative Pet Scan around the 6th treatment mark or earlier would lead Dr's to stop after treatment #8. When he heard I had a little bit of a persistent cough, he decided to discontinue the Bleo as part of the regimen. So I am now down to AVD. Truth be told, it's the D that kicks my but, but he's staying.

If after treatment #10 I start experiencing any symptoms that would worry him, he mentioned the possibility of stopping after that. YEAH. Now I need to do some research on recurrence and if shorting the treatment increases the odds.

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Once I dropped the B I felt SOOOOO mcuh better between treatments, less body aches, head aches, etc... you'll like it more, I promise!! And chemo will be faster!!

Hope you're feeling well! Think about you often

XO

Sanbandit said...

I had bleo dropped around #9. Unlike Kelly, I didn't really feel any difference. I think the D and A is what I felt the most anyways. But hey only 4 more to go if you're doin 12!! It will fly by!
Hope you end up feelin better between each treatment!
Have a great thanksgiving!
san

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
How's the cough doing? Did you Dr. happen to mention what kind of symptoms would worry him after #10? I have to say the whole ABVD kicks my butt. I don't know which one does more than the other, just that they all do :) Have you heard back regarding you Lung Function test? Has he checked your heart since you started chemo? I had that MUGA scan done and it came back good, no damage from the chemo, thank goodness. As far as increasing my dosage, I really thought I would feel worse because they pumped more into me but I didn't.
My husband has kind of put the job hunting on hold because his grandmother bought a house to fix up and sell, so she's put him to work. He is pretty much working with her and she in return is making sure our rent is paid. She also helps us out with groceries and stuff like that. She's such a awesome lady. Josh use to have his contractor's license and she told him the other day that she would pay the application fee for him to get his license active again. So in the meantime while the state is processing his application, she is keeping him pretty busy fixing her house up. Once he is licensed he will have no problem finding work. I don't know what we would do if it wasn't for his grandmother.
Are you and Jessica ready for the holidays? I can't believe Thanksgiving is here already. Time sure flies when your having fun!!
I'm sorry I've been rambling. I hope you and yours have a very nice Thanksgiving.
Take care,
Jane

Duane said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!