Saturday, November 3, 2007

Needless to say...

I drifted off and got my sleep on again. It actually makes the time go faster so I don't mind at all. There was a lot of chatty people getting juiced up in there tho, so it wasn't as easy to stay asleep. My dad took me to my treatment, he had never been before. He has had a lot of people in his family die from various cancers, mostly smoking related ones, but he is the 13th of 16 kids, so he has seen his share. I am sure he has seen a infusion treatment center before, but it still is depressing. I try to tell him that Hodgkin's isn't believed to genetic, due to it's world wide indiscriminate diagnosis, but I still think that he believes his genetics has something to do with it. I'll keep trying to convince him otherwise.

Alrighty, 7 down 5 to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go buddy....You have a wonderful family!

Unknown said...

If it helps tell your dad that no one in my family has ever had Hodgkins but me. It's just one of those unlucky but lucky cancers. Happens out of nowhere but can be treated and cured :)

So you should be all done by mid January. That's great!!! It's just around the corner. How was your weekend? Did you get lots of rest? Hope you did.

Take it easy,
Jane

Duane said...

7 down, 5 to go! You're one step closer to the end. Keep it going!!!