Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Live in treatment #3


I am here getting my push/drips. Going a little slow, but it's going. White Blood Cells are at 1500, but we are moving onward. ESPN is playing in the back ground, so i am fine :)

I'll keep pushing updates.

1:20pm ET: So far so good. Got a couple of small naps and haven't been chatting with everyone. I will be back online at home after some grub and a nap. Shout out to MelisB for swinging by the home to say hi yesterday. I was late getting home or I would have let her rub my dome for good luck. Her old man is clean shaven, so she would be used to it.

4pm Long day. Treatment #3 is over and I have some more info. We will push on regardless of WBC and only use neupogen if I get sick. Also, we will do a PET scan after the NEXT treatment (treatment #4, cycle #2), instead of the halfway mark. So I should know much sooner if things are working.

Feeling ok so far and had a late lunch. Going to catch up on some work and then take a nap.

Peace!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your wife's blog, I believe it was through the Mom's Blogs site, and then found your blog, and want to let you know that I am praying for you, wishing you all well. Both you and your wife have the greatest senses of humor. My husband and I have nine children, one set of twins. You guys are amazing!

Kelly Kane said...

Jon, I love your live updates! Hopefully you're getting some rest during the next few days. Thanks for checking in on me, my cancer pal. Sorry I'm not so upbeat these past few days, but I promise I will push thru and get thru this crap! I'll be thinking good thoughts for this upcoming PET scan!! :)

XO

Anonymous said...

Jon, I am following your story after learning about it through tripletconnection. You have a wonderful, upbeat attitude and a way with words. It's a treat to read your blog! Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bubblewench said...

Glad to hear you're getting through this with such a positive outlook. Praying for you! Get some good rest.

Melis B said...

Sweeeeet, my first shout out!! Couldn't have come from a cooler guy. :)

You just made my night...

Glad #3 went well.

~melis

Dayva said...

What a beautiful family you have, and a beautiful outlook on life.
Know that prayers are being said for you by someone way out in Utah, that you have greatly inspired.