Saturday, September 29, 2007

The hair caper


So the iggy on my hair is that I have none on my upper lip or below my lower lip. I used to be able to grow a nice beard and goat-tee, not unlike Mr. It above. Not so much now. I also estimate that I have lost about 20-30% of the hair up on my dome. It was sorta thinning before, but now that it is shaved, when it grows back, i can see some major spots and thinning. Same with the rest of my beard. Also, I am not growing those onesy twosey Andy Rooney's along the eye brows. My slight uni-brow too, has ceased and desisted, so it's not all sour grapes. Any other part of my body where clothing rubs up against it (outer leg, upper quad, etc) is also bald or uber-thin.

I am fine with this, but I definitely feel bad for the ladies out there that have to go through this. I could understand how tough this would be for them.

The hair deal is obviously always there (along with the intestinal issues). From here on out, just assume that I am having issues with both (the milk of mag is the bomb, but a little caustic :)

Keep in mind, the blog is for friends and family, but it's main intent is still to document "all the little things" that I am going through so that others can gauge what they can expect and when. Atleast what degree a 31 year old dude, went through.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Losing hair would certainly be difficult for me as a women...except on the legs - let's face it - that would be the exception for sure!

Meanwhile, I appreciate you sharing your journey - even all the nitty gritty details of treatment and it's affects.

Kelly Kane said...

I'm sorry you're going thru this hair crap! Surprisingly, I lost clumps of my head hair and my eyebrows got thin, but I didn't lose any hair anywhere else, it just really slowed down in growth - which was convienient.

BTW, I hope I'm allowed to stalk you still since technically I'm not friends or family, well I guess I'm cancer family :) heh heh!

Hope you're doing well!!

XO

Kelly

Kelly Kane said...

So you're going to be my wingman, eh? :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
Thanks for the info regarding the co-pay deal. I will check it out for sure. Yeah, I have to admit the hair thinning has been really hard for me. I haven't got enough guts to shave it though. I'm with you on the intestinal issues. I've actually had much better luck since I upped my stool softners. I am now taking 2 - 4 (240mg) stool softners and I haven't had any issues. The milk of mag just tears me apart. Good luck and take care,
Jane

Duane said...

Hey Jon,

I actually found the hair transformation interesting, but of course I'd prefer to keep my own hair. :) But remember, the hair will grow back and of all the possible concerns, it's the least important.

Wishing you continued strength,
Duane