Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The arse dragging has subsided

I have been feeling better since Monday evening. I pounded warm gatorade for 72+ hours and took meds prophylactically just to be ahead of the normal wear and tear. Didn't sleep alot, but didn't try another Ativan to help out either so, it's my fault :)

Next weds is my 4th treatment (a third of the way there) and then I can get a PET scan done to identify if the mass has shrunk. We believe it has, since I can no longer palpate the top of the deal just above my left clavicle. It's always good to see it on a PET scan tho. I will post that as a pic along with my ORIGINAL one that I am picking up from Winchester Medical Center.

Here is an EXAMPLE (NOT MINE) of a PET Scan. I will post this as soon as I get it.

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Good luck on Wednesday, you're such a trooper!! As for the shirts, I guess you'll have to get some V neck ones made, eh?? :) Tell your wife I say Hi as well, and I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday for the big #4!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your next treatment. I admire the fact that you still come to work everyday with a smile on your face. Your children are lucky to have such a strong and brave example to follow through life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Shay

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon -

I'm a cancer survivor of 4 years and young mom (and I know your mother-in-law) and just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and Jessica every day. I read your blog all the time and enjoy your posts, so keep 'em coming!

The chemo part is tough with all the side effects, but it WILL get better - I promise! And you just can't beat Ativan! :)

Life is REALLY good on the other side of chemo - keep up the great attitude!