Sunday, September 9, 2007

As goes Jonny McRed's toungue....


....goes the rest of my body. Like clockwork, when I could no longer taste anything other then intense heat, the rest of me starting dragging. Around mid-day Friday, my mouth started to incinerate and I started dragging arse. I have taken more Kytril for nausea, Milk of Mag for my stomach and napped a lot more this weekend then the last time. I am trying to keep up with liquids, but I seem only to be able to tolerate smooth room temperature fluids like sweet tea or milk as opposed to sodas, juices or water. Trying some luke-warm Gatorade now. I also know 100% what people mean by using Ativan for sleeping. I was having a hard time sleeping, so I took one. Man does it do the job, I was dead to the world. I'll save those for special occasions.

On a good note, football is in bloom today. Looking forward to my fantasy team and hoping the skins don't suck eggs this year. My official count down is on for treatment #4, subsequent Pet Scan #2 and our vacation to the outer banks of NC.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon, I hope you felt a little better today and that the fire in your mouth is subsiding. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

First of all, your children are adorable, and . . .Great blog! I was recently diagnosed Classical HL IIIB and you're absolutely right about the other blogs and webpages available. I had finally decided to stop looking all together until my sister told me about yours (she's from triplet connection). I will be starting ABVD soon and I hope I will be as lucky as you as far as side effects and continuing to work during treatment are concerned. Hell, if you can do it with 5 kids in tow, I certainly should be able to manage with just me to worry about! Please thank your wife for her input on TC and thank you for providing a helpful, positive, and funny source of information. Make sure you kick that cancer's ass so well it's afraid to come back!

Aaron Unplugged said...

Love your blog! My name is Aaron and I just stumbled across your blog as I'm sitting here in the library pretending to study. It sounds like we're on a similar path at the moment. I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma back in April. I started treatment June 1. I have 8 down and 4 more to go.

I was just reading on your latest post that you were having nausea issues. On my last infusion, my doctor gave me a new medicine along with my ABVD that fights nausea for 3-5 days. It works pretty well. My nausea is usually worse 2 and 3 days after treatment, but this time there was significant improvement. I didn't need to take any additional medicine. I don't know the name of it, but I can ask her when I go back next week.

Also, I've been keeping a blog too. I've been a little delinquent in posting recently, but I thought I'd share the link:

http://6monthsstage3.blogspot.com/

Good luck with everything!!

Kelly Kane said...

Dearest Jonny,

I hope you're feeling better now and that the mout fire is out.

Kelly

Jon said...

Always great to see commentor's. ALWAYS great to see that Miss Chemopalooza comments :)

Sherry, Bonnie, if you want to swap stories and get the down low on co-pay assistance, etc from the luek/lymp society (www.lls.org), feel free to e-mail me at:

jonathan.redden@twcable.com

Aaron (good name, it's my middle one) I posted on your blog. Great to see some dudes commenting :)

Anonymous said...

Jon

Thinking of you and hoping that your mouth feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I guess you will never have a desire to go to the Bufffalo Wing Factory again...

je