Thursday, January 3, 2008

#11 in the books. One to go.

So we talked with Dr. Houck and found out the following:
- After my last treatment in two weeks, we won't see him for three months.
- No radiation like the plan was all along.
- Prior to that appointment, we will have a PET/CAT scan done.
- I will need to come in once every 30 days or so to get more port flushed.

My WBC count was 2200 this time, which is inline with the past. I feel better from that cold.

Today I pretty much slept through the entire time. My wife and I look like total mooks in there with our laptops on. Just about everyone in there is 55 or older and we look like complete marks for. I was really sluggish today and my belly wasn't doing well, so I just laid up stairs.

Sandy, Mary Jane: What are the plans your Drs have for you (outside of the radiation) for when they will do a follow up scan?

Jon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VA is open carry, and if you thought you were a mark, I could have let you borrow a Glock that I have that supposedly works wonders on imaginary groundhogs...

JE

Kelly Kane said...

What you don't care about my follow up stuff??? :)

Well I'll share with you anyways... I'm 4 months... my original onc said 3, but Dana Farber onc said 4... which is coming up in February... barf!

How psyched are you to be done in 2 weeks!!???!?!? You should plan something nice for your nurses... maybe some snackies or something? Flowers? Whatevs.. something, unless you hate them :)

Hope your tummy is feeling better now!

XO

Kelly

Sanbandit said...

Yay #11 down and one to go!
I see my onc on teh 10th to discuss what happens next (and get my port flushed, and find out when I can get it removed). I also see the radiation onc at the end of the month and discuss more follow up with him then. My brain is a little mushy as Ican't recall if he said anything previously about how often I see him. But I'll let ya know at teh end of the month what he tells me. And after the 10th I'll come back and tell ya what my regular onc has decided.
Take care!~!!

Duane said...

One more to go, way to go!! Keep pushing forward. You're awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
I did a PET Scan yesterday and I meet with my Onc on Thursday the 10th. I'm really hoping to have two treatments left but I know the dr. is going to want me to do four more. My last PET was clean and I know this one is going to so I really want to talk her into just doing 7 cycles (14 treatments). I'll let you know.

ONE TO GO!!! I am so happy for you. I know for myself this is something I don't ever want to experience again. I totally look at life in a different light now.

I hope your feeling better. I have treatment 13 on Friday. Wish me luck!

Take care,

Jane