Friday, December 28, 2007

Middle Appt Update

Well,

Although my WBC was an all-time high, I was pretty fatigued all of this weekend. Could have been the holidays, could have been the eternal cold I have. I wake up EVERY morning and spend the better part of 2 hours clearing my nose. This is after getting up every two hours in the evening to figure out how to sleep in order to continue to breathe. Yesterday marked the "as long as there are no surprizes, I only have 3 weeks until my last treatment". I have #11 next Thursday and then #12 two weeks after that. Then I would presume (I will find out next Thursday for sure), that I would get another PET scan. Should that be good, we would then schedule the surgery to have my port removed. I wonder if they will let me keep it :)

I hope everyone is having a great Holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure sounds good Honey. I'm sure glad it's almost finished for you. The time will pass fast then we'll celebrate. Love Ya! Mom

Sanbandit said...

Sheesh hope the cold goes away. Not to be able to breath through your nose at night must really suck on top of everything else!! 2 more!!! It flies by! I go in Jan and talk about my port removal. yay!! Hope they tell ya it can come out right away, and if you want, you can keep it lol
sandy

Kelly Kane said...

I'm sooooooooo excited for you to have 2 treatments left! You've been such a trooper thru all of this, and I know you'll do so in the end as well!

I'm sad that you've been so sick though! Maybe you could try some vapor rub stuff for bed to help you breathe?

Hang in there, 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


XO

Duane said...

Happy New Year!

Christopher said...

I've had sinus problems my enitre life. I started using a sinus rinse from Neilmed about a month ago and it has made an incredible difference. For the first time, I can breathe solely through my nose and not feel like I'm sufficating. My wife has started to use the product when she feels sinus congestion starting and it clears it all out. I bought the kit and refills at Costco behind the pharm counter.

hopefully this could help with the cold.

Christopher