Saturday, January 19, 2008

On the mend?

Well,

Last night after an "All day" stay at the Hospital, I ramped up once to a fever of 101 before things came down due to Ibuprofen and/or Tylenol. They had asked me to come back this morning to get a new CBC and check whether the Neupogen shot worked. It did, my WBCs went up from 1.1 to 6.7 and I assumed my ANC was up drastically as well, but I didn't get that #.

I feel a bit better and I am still taking the 7 day supply of the anti-biotic Levaquin. I have had three doses to date. That coupled with the Vancomycin they infused yesterday should have my bases covered. We'll see. I feel better and when I do feel hot, it isn't shooting up like it did Thursday evening.

Needless to say, I am not a big fan of treatment next Thursday and will be asking for the treatments to be discontinued at 11 of 12. This is no doubt the worst I have felt during this process and the thought of hospital stays doesn't sit well with me.

All of the nurses and docs were great during this, especially since my Oncologist was out on leave. There is a great Nurse Practitioner name Rodney who really took care of us.

More to come later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. I hope you are feeling better and that your doctors agree that 11 of 12 is all it will take.

Sanbandit said...

Man have you had quite the events happening lately. sorry i haven't been keepin up on anyones blogs lately butwas catching up today. Hope that the antibiotics kick in and neupogen continues to work. Man that sucks, hope you get to feelin alot better quickly!! Though looking like a beet was probably intersting huh?
Not sure if I remembered to update you or not. My last visit with the onc said one more visit with him in Feb and at that one we'll schedule the next PET (has to be at least 6 weeks otu from radiation so no false negative/positive results happen) and schedule the port removal.
Hope they can stop at 11, but if not at least it's only 1 more right? As long as they keep your Gromules and WBC in good range I would think it would be good.
Good luck!!! No more red itchy face!!
san

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
Sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad. I hope that you have no more trips to the hospital. I'll be praying that the drs. let you stop at 11. Tell Jessica thank you for keeping us all posted. Don't be so stuborn next time, you have to stay healthy.
Take care, we'll be thinking of you!
Jane