Thursday, December 13, 2007

Jinx, kibosh, whammmmmy..

I should have expected this. My last post stated "1 month to go", three total treatments. Then on Monday evening I contracted a terrible stomach bug which put me down for 24 hours. At that point I knew there was a pretty decent chance my #'s would look like junk come today, but I thought I would give it a try. Sure enough, I was 1700 on my WBC's and 350 on my ANC (absolute neutrophil count). The first number isn't great, but the last number is definitely trash. Here is a good link explaining what low counts mean and what is good/bad.

Regardless, I have been pushed back a week. I am not upset about it, like I said, I expected it a little and I have been extremely fortunate to not run into (knock on all things wooden) any major illness setbacks during this. Especially in light of the fact that I am not taking Neulasta or Neupogen.

We'll see what next week looks like.

On a good news front, Georgia M. from Pennsylvania, is a reader whose husband Ray was diagnosed a few months ago. They got results back from a recent scan showing no activity and significant shrinking of nodes. Stuff like that cheers me up and I know it will help him push through the rest of treatment. We are thinking about you Ray.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jon,
Sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather. I hope you feel better soon. So they pushed you back one week, that's not too bad. Hope you feel 100% soon.
Take care,
Jane

Melis B said...

Sorry you didn't get your treatment, but at least you got to go out with your smokin' hot wife. :) Your picture looked great. You looked great too. LOVE the shiny head.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

bummer you caught a bug. Thats no fun, but hey only being pushed backa week aon't so bad! Take care and have a great xmas and new years!
sandy