Sunday, August 12, 2007

Blogger Friends

While searching for blogs about Hodgkin's and ABVD, I found a couple of good ones and a lot that were disco'd due to remission and other reasons we won't speak of. The disco'd ones were usually atleast 2-3 years old so the fresh ones are great. Some are going through reoccurrences, some are in remission and some are relative newbies like me. I was particularly interested in their stories about the treatment and have got progressively more interested in their lives. Duane over at Journal of a Prizefighter is like the grandfather of them all. He has gone through multiple reoccurrences and is prepping for a bone marrow transplant right now. Keep him in your thoughts and check out his blog when you have the time. He has ton's of Hodge info and blogs listed on the left. I also ran into Sanbandit's over at Sanbans Lymphorama. She is in the middle of ABVD treatment so her info and experiences are extremely fresh. Finally, Kelly from Chemopalooza. She has just recently completed treatment and is in remission. How great for her. Now she is making the transition back to normalcy and can guide me on the post-treatment life of follow up checks and scans with her wonderful New England wit.

Otherwise, we are having a quiet weekend with the kidos sans a slight poo disaster this morning and my parents in FLA . They had scheduled a vacation prior to my diagnosis and were hedging on whether to go. I would hear nothing of it and forced them to go. It has worked out and they are having fun. The In-laws have been helping out and doing a great job. We will be heading down to the Outer Banks (NC) the end of September for our little vacation. In fact, my chemo treatments were worked around it ;) Now if I can just work my treatments around a Vegas trip later in the year...

...BTW, did you see my new banner. Courtesy of Babers and her blogo-friend Stefanie B. over at Triple Take. Stef does great work and both share a passion for photography/photoshop/etc. Anyways, my blog is starting to take shape and looks less like the back of a napkin.

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Your blog looks fabulous now, I'm really digging the new banner! I found you something else to entertain yourself, maybe on a post chemo day when you have some free time (I know it might be tough with 5 kids running around!) http://www.morganphillips.com/cancer.html

It's hilarious, and the guy just finished chemo for the hodge as well. It seems like he did something different than ABVD but I'm not sure. Still, it's humorous, and I think you'll enjoy it!

Hope all is well!

Kelly

country girl said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. We are a tight knit group even though, in many cases, we have never laid eyes on each other. I started with your wife's blog and now have you on my must read list. Keep up the great writing.