Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2nd treatment <36 hours away

My Second treatment is Friday at 8am and I feel great right now. For the past 6-7 days I have had no side affects and not even the hint of nausea. I also hope to be out of there by noon this time (if not before). I have gotten a lot of tips on what to eat and what otc meds to take to keep me regular (TMI, i know). So I am ready for this one. PLUS, I have ordered a couple of shirts with the caption from my blog. I can't wait for it to get here and I am pretty psyched to have a "chemo shirt".

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Very awesome that you made shirts!! I was planning on making shirts when I first got diagnosed, but them I lost my motivation. I was going to put "Tour Dates" on the back with all of my scheduled chemos - and the ones I had already done would be crossed out with sold out next to them :)

As for your OTC "meds", since I'm like a chemo expert now, I would suggest starting to take them a day before chemo, just to make sure they're in you before you get the Zofran!

I'm so excited for your fabulous shirts, you'll have to post a picture of you wearing it proudly! :)

Jon said...

I so should have contacted you before placing the order. A tour shirt would have been re-donk-ulous. Jebbus I should have peer reviewed this.

pokettiger said...

What a cool and zany idea. Love it. Great blog banner!

Blake said...

It may be TMI, but I start chemo tomorrow and would love any tips on staying regular and minimizing the nausea. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I, too am diagnosed with IIA Hodgkin's (nodular sclerosis). Thanks in advance!

Jon said...

Blake,

For nausea I would make sure that they give you plenty of kytril or zofran (these are prescription only). You may only need 10 or 12 pills for the entire treatment, but when you feel it coming on, these are the best. I would also start taking a daily supplement for your digestive tract. Docusate Calcium helped me (OTC). Remember tho, if you wait to start having problems before you take this stuff, it'll be too late. It takes a day or two for it to act, so try to get a head of it.

Good luck man.

Jon